If living in Mumbai has taught me anything, it’s how to make room out of nothing. Matchbox-sized rooms; windowless, code-violating mezzanine/ ceilings; hallways with a kitchen at the end of them—you name the crummy, overpriced apartment living situation, and chances are, some Mumbaikar has braved it. There are numerous ways to make do with these rathole-sized abodes, but one of the most effective is as old as time itself: shelving. Yeah, I know. Like, duh. Still, although shelving might seem like the most obvious space-saving technique out there, once you break the concept down, the options (and ideas!) are seemingly endless. From crates lined with wallpaper and mounted to a wall to a revolutionary way of looking at magazine holders, we’ve got fifteen of our favorite and most beautiful shelving ideas to keep you—and your teenie apartment—organized and happy. What are your favorite space-saving shelving techniques? We’d love to hear them!
1. Turn wooden wine crates into decorative, wall-mounted shelves to display books and mementoes.
2. Use pegs to create a creative storage space on a large, unused wall.
3. Use rope to create a simple and effective shelving system.
4. Vintage leather belts + salvaged wood = one snazzy storage solution!
5. Turn a discarded drawer into a shelf/reading light. Perfect for reading nooks!
6. Wooden pallets make for awesome shelving frames.
7. Next time you see some beautiful driftwood, take it home and turn it into a beautiful shelf!
8. Shelves need not be symmetrical, or even fully horizontal! Use recycled wood to experiment with different shapes and sizes!
9. The spaces above windows and doors are often under-utilized. They make for great storage spaces!
10. Mix mass-market brackets with recycled or salvaged wood for a lovely custom look.
11. Create a custom framed shadow box to add some elegant flair to your storage.
12. Craft a glamorous, deceptively simple shelf using beads and plexiglass.
13. Finding an attractive and functional way to store teas and coffee can be difficult. This DIY shelf is a perfect solution!
14. Vintage ladders are easy to come by at flea markets and make for stunning shelves.
15. Transform a magazine organizer into a handy-dandy storage unit.
Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email email@example.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy.ReplyDelete