Friday, November 29, 2013

Creative Pie Crust Designs for the Holidays

Creative pie crust concepts to try now through Thanksgiving and on into the winter holidays.Flipper
Listed here are nine favorite crust concepts and our simple directions on how to achieve them. Oh, and don’t be afraid to make a pretty mess of things— the rustic imperfections of pie is one of the aspects that make them so incredibly alluring.
  • The key to a good decorative crust is trimming your dough to a 1/2-inch overhang and rolling the overhang underneath itself to give yourself a thicker edge to work with. It’s always better to prepare too much pie dough rather than too little.
  • Be sure to refrigerate your dough after you have crimped the edges for 30 minutes to an hour before baking. Doing this will help the dough keep its shape.


Crimping tips before you begin:
Cesar’s Crown Crust
Cesars Crown Crimp
Checkerboard Crust
Checkerboad Crimp
Criss Cross Crust
Criss Cross Crimp

Rainbow Crust
Rainbow Crimp
Sailor’s Rope Crust
Sailors Rope
Scallop Crust
Scallop Crimp
Double Crust Crimps:
Braid Crust
Braid Crimp
Cut-out Top Crust
Cut Out

Lattice Top Crust
Lattice Top

Ready to make your pie?

1 comment:

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails